Intermediate Photography Courses
15 Week Level 2 Photography Course
This course follows on from the 20 week level 1 beginners course and is suitable for those who have already completed that course or already know the basics of photography and how to operate their camera and want to further improve their photographic skills and creative potential.
When does it run?
The course runs over 15 weeks for 2 hours each week plus 2 Saturday field trips that's a total of 40 hours tuition.
What will I learn?
The course is fun but informative with a mix of practical and theory and will help you to explore the creative controls of the camera and how to use them effectively, all learning is supported by practical exercises. The following topics will be covered:
- Custom white balance - colour temperature
- Using the histogram
- Bracketing - HDR
- Perspective and angle of view
- Studio photography
- Location photography
- Composition and visual language
- Post processing your images
- Select and prepare images for printing
- Photographic lighting- using natural light and studio lighting to create high and low key images
- Researching the work of other photographers
- Working to a brief
- Being creative with your photography
The course focuses on the practical elements of photography allowing you to practice and improve your techniques and understanding to a new level. As well as the weekly classroom or location sessions there will also be two field trips, these will normally be on a Saturday.
You will be provided with course handouts and will put together a portfolio of your own photographic work as a record of what you have achieved throughout the course.
Additional Costs and Requirements
- You must have use of a Digital SLR Camera, Bridge Camera or Compact System Camera or Compact camera with full manual controls.
- A tripod will be needed for some of the classes
- You will be expected to print your own photographs for your portfolio
- You will need to make your own way to the field trips
Course cost £350 per person
Maximum 12 people
For further information on this course email
or phone 0113 2526096 or 07831 238398