Beginners Photography Courses
20 Week Level 1 Photography Course
This course is for the complete beginner or novice photographer who has a Digital SLR camera and wants to get away from just using the auto settings and gain the confidence and skills to take photographs you'll be proud of.
When does it run?
The course runs over 20 weeks for 2 hours each week plus 3 Saturday field trips that's a total of 51 hours of tution.
What will I learn?
The course is both classroom and location based where you will learn how to operate your DSLR camera as well as gain an understanding of the fundamentals of photography, all learning is supported by practical exercises. The following topics will be covered:
- About your camera controls, menus and settings
- Different camera controls – aperture priority, shutter priority and manual
- Basic camera techniques – using different shutter speeds, aperture, ISO settings to correctly expose your images
- The use of different lenses and other accessories
- Composition and visual language
- Auto and manual focus and use of focus points
- White balance
- Metering modes
- File formats /Image quality
- On camera flash
- Introduction to post processing your images
During the course you will also learn about and practice taking photographs in different photographic genre such as low light, landscape, still life, black & white, portraiture and close-up/macro. As well as the weekly sessions there will also be three field trips to different locations, these will normally be on a Saturday.
The course is structured to be enjoyable and informative, it is very hands on and there will be tasks and projects to complete throughout the course to help you understand and master the techniques you have learnt.
You will be provided with course handouts and will put together a portfolio of your own photographic work as a record of what you have achieved throughout the course.
Additional Costs and Requirements
- You must have use of a Digital SLR Camera, Bridge Camera or Compact System Camera or Compact camera with full manual controls.
- A tripod will be needed for some of the classes
- You will be expected to print your own photographs for your portfolio
- You will need to make your own way to the field trips
Course cost £425 per person
Maximum 12 people
For further information on this course email
or phone 0113 2526096 or 07831 238398